Preparation for PET/ CT
1. Fasting 6 hours (only can drink water)
2. Only allowed to have meat, egg and drink water. Avoid foods high in sugar
and carbonhydrate (e.g. rice noodle, bread, cereal, oat meal etc) one day
prior to the day of examination.
3. Remember to bring your recent scans and report for doctor review (e.g. Xray, CT, MRI, PET/CT if available)
4. Please wear clothes with no metal and zipper
5. Please discontinue insulin but not oral anti-diabetic medication (including
metformin) before 48 hours of the examination day.
6. Please bring along with your diabetic medicine (including metformin) and
insulin to the centre.
The entire examination lasts for 2 hours.
Before the PET/CT scan, a small amount of radioactive tracer is injected into the patient
After injection, patient need to rest for about one hour to absorb the tracer. The scan will take about 30 minutes.
Delayed scan may be performed if necessary.